I Fought The LAW (International Version)

I Fought The LAW (International Version)
This Time with the LAPD

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Physical

Its a positive post today

Why?

Well Newcastle avoided losing in their top of the table clash with West Brom on Monday night to remain top of the Championship.

Tuesday night Leyton Orient won against Yeovil to take them out of the relegation places in League One. It was a deserved win and the first game they have played this year.

Thirdly and most importantly, I was able to ride my bike for the first time since November. Following my physio's advice, I rode it gently and did a 5.5 mile loop from my house. Its nothing special, a very flat route on relatively quiet roads. I rode it in a very low gear so as not to put undue pressure on my knee.

I have to say that the knee is now throbbing somewhat. I hope that is caused by the sitting with my leg bent rather than the cycling. I'm hoping to ride again tomorrow. I'm going to do the same little ride again, very gently again. I am due to see the physio on Thursday, so we can review how my knee is then.

Hopefully this is the start of my recovery. I want to get back to work. I'm struggling not to lose focus being at home all the time. There is only so much surfing the net and resting that one can do.

I am starting to look towards the Police Unity Tour with a little more hope. Then there is the prospect of a LEJoG to look forward to in the summer. That will be good to do it with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment