I Fought The LAW (International Version)

I Fought The LAW (International Version)
This Time with the LAPD

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Woman

Well, I've had a weekend away from the bike. No cycling since Friday morning. Instead, I've been down to Wales ostensibly to see Newcastle @ Swansea, but its also an excuse to see some of the lads for a drink and a weekend away. Its also a chance to see and stay in Cardiff with some really good friends. Thanks Lee & Cathy, it was good to see you and the family again.Shame it wasn't so good to watch the football. Saturday was a great day spoilt by 2 x 45 minute spells. Still at least the bar was open in the ground for the first 45 minutes of the game, so we were spared having to watch the 1st half of the game.

Shame Cardiff was full of men in skirts on Saturday night - down to watch the rugby. Too many people for a night out in Cardiff without 30 minute queues to get into every pub.

Shame for the men in skirts Scotland stopped playing 5 minutes before the end of the game. The number of skirts in Cardiff town centre being worn by men was incredible. I've seen less men in skirts at the local transvestite's night out.

Well, I'm sure the title of this post needs no explanation today does it. What could be more romantic than waking up in a different country to your lady. At least I've tried to make up for it by travelling back to see them for a late Sunday lunch together. I know that if I was really romantic I would have made it so that we had woken up together today. I have to confess that when I arranged this trip to Swansea I had not expected to be seeing anyone. I'll know better next time. I'll try to make it up to you Michelle. Flowers? Chocolate? Candlelight meals?

Tomorrow morning, I'm hoping to ride from Crawley up to Victoria area for work. That's up to 40 miles before work. Am I mad? Only time will tell.....

1 comment:

  1. I thought that there was a change in the mood at the office................might have guessed it was 'love in the air' and lighted that spring in your step. There was me thinking it was the knee!!

    ReplyDelete