I Fought The LAW (International Version)

I Fought The LAW (International Version)
This Time with the LAPD

Friday, May 14, 2010

Amazing Grace

Just attended the Candlelight vigil tonight, aslong with 20,000 others, including the US Attorney General and the Secretary for Homeland Security.

It was an incredibly moving service and worth cycling 300 m iles to attend.  So many people and so many stories to be told.

I'm proud to have helped raised funds for this cause. The US certainly know how to look after the survivors of such deaths. (Survivors being the relatives and loved ones of the deceased).


Incredibly enough, like me, the officer stood next to me has relatives from the Isle of Man! I couldn't believe anyone had even heard of the place.




A Relative from the Isle of Man?

The Thin Blue Line

Candles in the Wind
So, its homeward bound tomorrow :-(

I will be updating this blog with more thoughts and photos over the course of the next week, so its not over yet.

1 comment:

  1. Peter: This post is a lovely tribute to the Police Unity Tour. You were indeed a welcome addition to the ride this year and it was our pleasure to have you join us. Glad you made it home safely, and thanks for taking some great pictures. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be on the ride again in 2011. Until we meet again, Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete